optimize-and-secure-wordpress-from-hackersSecure Wordpress, free from malware, where your visitors and customers can feel safe is vital to your online success. Unfortunately, the number of web hacking attacks has risen dramatically. WordPress security is an absolute must. If you do not protect your Wordpress, hackers can gain access to your website, modify your web content and plugins, install malware and you can have your site banned from Google.
- Antivirus Plugin for WordPress - AntiVirus for WordPress is a smart and effective solution to protect your blog against exploits and spam injections. AntiVirus protection for your blog.
- WordPress Firewall Plugin - This WordPress plugin monitors web requests to identify and stop the most obvious attacks.
- Secure WordPress - Secure WordPress beefs up the security of your WordPress installation by removing error information on login pages, adds index.html to plugin directories, hides the WordPress version and much more.
- Login LockDown – records the IP address and timestamp of every failed login attempt. If more than a certain number of attempts are detected within a short period of time from the same IP range, then the login function is disabled for all requests from that range. This helps to prevent brute force password discovery.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY STEPS:
- You need to delete the readme.html file at YOURWORDPRESSURL.com/readme.html
- Add a blank index page to cover your folders at /wp-content/uploads/
- Delete or rename the install.php file at /wp-admin/install.php
WP Plugins To Optimize and Speed-Up WordPress:
- WP Database Optimizer Plugin – This plugin allows for automated scheduled database optimization. The user can specify (in days) how long in between automated optimizations.
- Quick Cache Plugin - Speed up your site ~ BIG Time! – If you care about the speed of your site, Quick Cache is a plugin that you absolutely MUST have installed.
- Autoptimize Plugin – is a WordPress plugin that speeds up your website, and helps you save bandwidth.